Senior Environmental Scientist / Environmental Engineer
|Perth, Western Australia
|Industry Type :
|Engineering,Oil & Mining
- We are seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer / Scientist with experience in mine closure, land reclamation and previous exp working in a consultancy
Our client provides a range of services that cover mine site closure and rehabilitation, land reclamation, mine environment, mine design, mine water and mine engineering. The Mining Environment group specializes in mine closure, mine EIA and permitting, EHS systems and audits, environmental and social sciences and engagement, and geochemistry. The company is privately owned with over 60 consultants internationally and 20 throughout Australia. A small close knit team allows for close collaboration and a wide diversity in projects and duties.
The ideal candidate will have a background within a leading consultancy, working within teams, and mining operations. This position, dependent on experience will be a senior or lead technical resource in the APAC region supporting local projects and international projects. Head office is in the USA with offices across Australia and NZ. This position will be ideally located in Perth or Brisbane. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver leading practice consulting services to internal and external clients in the areas of mine closure, environmental impact assessment, management systems, due diligence and auditing, and mine closure.
- Leadership of multidisciplinary teams to develop winning proposals and deliver projects safely, on time, within budget and to client and company standards
- Work collaboratively with other senior members of the Mining team to develop and maintain relationships with a broad client base
- Establish linkages with other business units to support and enhance service delivery
- Relevant Degree within Environmental Science or Engineering
- Professional Registration
- Experience at a consulting firm
- Project Management Skills
- Demonstrated business development experience
- An industry leader in one or more of the following: mine closure and geochemistry, social impact assessment or community engagement, EIA and permitting, EHS systems and audits.