Principal Mining Environmental Scientist / Consultant / Geochemist
|Location:||Perth, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||Good Salary. Negotiable|
|Industry Type :||Engineering,Oil & Mining|
- We are seeking a Mining Environment Leader in to join our clients Mining Business consultancy to deliver environmental solutions to their clients.
Our client provides a range of services that cover mine site closure and rehabilitation, mine environment, mine design, mine water and mine engineering. The Mining Environment group specializes mine closure, mine EIA and permitting, EHS systems and audits, environmental and social sciences and engagement, and geochemistry. The company is privately owned with over 60 consultants internationally and 20 throughout Australia. A small close knit team allows for close collaboration and a wide diversity in projects and duties. Leading international Consultancy. Excellent position as lead technical resource for the Oceania region. Varied projects, great team, flexibility and remuneration package and perks
The ideal candidate will have a background within a leading consultancy, working within teams, and mining operations. This position will be the lead technical resource in the APAC region supporting local projects and international projects. Head office is in the USA with offices across Australia and NZ. This position will be ideally located in Perth or Brisbane. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver leading practice consulting services to internal and external clients in the areas of mine closure, environmental impact assessment, management systems, due diligence and auditing, and mine closure.
- Leadership of multidisciplinary teams to develop winning proposals and deliver projects safely, on time, within budget and to client and company standards
- Work collaboratively with other senior members of the Mining team to develop and maintain relationships with a broad client base
- Establish linkages with other business units to support and enhance service delivery
- Relevant Degree within Environmental Science or Engineering
- Professional Registration
- Experience at a consulting firm
- Project Management Skills
- Demonstrated business development experience
- An industry leader in one or more of the following: mine closure and geochemistry, social impact assessment or community engagement, EIA and permitting, EHS systems and audits.