Civil Engineer - Road Pavements and Airports
Perth, Western Australia|
Very attractive remuneration. Perth based role with site travel.|
Industry Type :|
Engineering,Oil & Mining|
Excellent Opportunity for engineer with airport or bitumen/road experience
Our client provides engineering, design & construction services to Aviation industry and requires a civil engineer with experience with road pavements.
Our client provides engineering, design & construction services to Aviation industry and requires a civil engineer with experience with airport strip design or experience with road pavements / bitumen.
The position will be required to provide technical services to clients on major projects throughout Australia. The successful applicant will be working within a company experienced in all facets of airport design, construction and operation.
• Degree in Civil Engineering and at least 5 years proven experience in roading/pavement design and construction; OR Diploma or equivalent in Civil Engineering with significant experience/exposure in road/pavement design and construction
• A practical understanding of pavement design, maintenance and construction; site experience is an advantage
• Demonstrated understanding and application of civil engineering principles to solve complex problems
• Demonstrated ability to manage a number of projects from beginning to end, including feasibility and concept designs, detailed design and construction documentation, tender submissions, cost estimates, and risk management
• Ability to plan and execute works including management of internal resources, and procurement and management of subcontractors and materials
• Experience in contract administration practices including negotiating terms and conditions, programming, claims and fulfilling projects in accordance with contractual arrangements, as both a contractor and a client or client’s representative
• Understanding of materials used in pavement construction, and associated Australian/MRWA Standards for materials testing and construction
• Ability to read and understand design drawings
• Excellent communication skills including technical report writing
• Ability to manage small and medium projects within budget and timeframe
• Ability to manage workload autonomously and collaborate with other engineers, electricians and drafts people
• Professional presentation and manner, well-spoken and reliable
• Valid Australian Driver's License (Class C minimum)
• Must be comfortable working away from Perth on a regular basis (generally, one trip of one or two nights per fortnight, but some longer periods (two or three weeks) may be required during larger projects)
• Previous airport experience • Skills in or an understanding of drafting/design drafting software such as Autocad and 12D are an advantage
Salary will be negotiable and circa starting 120k + super + overtime for the right individual with all of the above experience. You must be able to pass a full medical and drug and alcohol test and able to obtain a Aviation security identification card (ASIC)
Apply now in the strictest of confidence and a consultant will be in touch with more information.